Green Flag Award
Are you looking for ways to showcase your park and recognise the hard work that goes into your green space? Do you want to be rewarded at an international level and encourage a sense of civic pride in your community?
Why not apply to be a part of the international Green Flag Award ®
The Green Flag Award® recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces around the world.
The Green Flag Award® aims to…
- Ensure that everybody has access to quality green open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- Ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- Establish standards of good management.
- Promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- Recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
Find out which parks and open spaces in Australia are current winners
Check out the video to hear from current winners Lochiel Park in South Australia
Contact us if you think your local park deserves a Green Flag!
The benefits of winning a Green Flag Award®
Winning a Green Flag Award® brings with it a wealth of benefits, from the status of being affiliated with a prestigious awards programme through to tangible benefits such as boosting tourism and opening up revenue opportunities. See here for a list of benefits.
Applications for the Green Flag Award Scheme are currently closed
For more information on the application process, or if you’re interested in becoming a Green Flag judge, please email Maree Keenan: email@example.com
Below are some resources with more information about the Green Flag Award® and what it takes to be an internationally recognised park/green space.